Tuesday, January 23, 2007

New Chapter 2007...trying my luck on RADIO AND TV LICENCE..sent on 10th JAN 2007...NO LUCK TOO!

Thank you for writing to us. We do appreciate your making the effort. We receive 70 letters on average each day. Limited space means we can publish only about a dozen every weekday. This means having to make often-difficult editorial judgments on which letters to publish. We regret we are unable to publish your letter, and hope you will appreciate the constraints on space we face every day. We hope you will continue taking an interest in the Forum Page.

Yours sincerely
Ms Noor Aizafor Forum Editor

The Straits Times" Nick Pedro
10/01/2007 08:04 AM
To:stforum@sph.com.sg

Subject
ST Forum
To: Straits Times,
ST Forum
To The Editor

I wish to submit this to your forum in VOICES.It is the time of the year when we need to pay the TV and Radio license. I note that half the programme that I am watching is probably trailers and advertisements. I usually watch the news and probably some serial and movies, and that goes for the rest of my family. Most of my entertainment is from watching DVD movies rented from shops and kiosks, which stalls recently screened movies, serials and documentaries. I do not watch the Indian movies although I am an Indian, as these movies ends late at night. Basically I am only watch probably about an average of 3 hours of TV and Radio a day. I note that there is a large variety of programmes in the Chinese section. There are two channels dedicated to Chinese programmes. The news in the Chinese programmes is very detailed and consists of many local news. Whereas, the English news are very fast, constricted with less information and news, especially on local news. Maybe the present TV Company should take the cue from cable TV companies.These make me to wonder why I am paying as much as a Chinese viewer when I am practically watching less news and fewer programmes. I would appreciate it since I am watching about an average of 3 hours per day on one TV at home, that I be charged at a pro rata payment as this would enable me to offset my DVD rentals. I find that it is not be justifiable to charge me a full license when I am watching less than others. Thank you and best regards

No comments: